Thursday, November 17, 2005

Who am I and what have I done with myself?

I never would have guessed I would do the things I do as a mom. For example, wiping a snotty nose on my shirt (the inside of course), taking pictures of snot bubbles, waking up at two, three, four, and five in the morning consecutively to make sure my baby is breathing, doing laundry at 5:30 AM (doesn't happen often, but it does happen!!), waking at 4:30 and waiting to call the doctor THE MINUTE they open to get in, and most of all, STOP DRINKING COFFEE!! (Well, caffenated anyway) Yeah, can you believe it? Crazy. Motherhood sure changes a person.

My little sweet potato face

Awww...


Brighton is either teething, has an ear infection or some kind of viral thing going on, and I sure hope not all three, but probably a combination of two of them at least. We're staying home from work today because we are going to the doctor and I (and the daycare) didn't want to take him there in case he does have something viral going on. I've never seen him as upset as he was lastnight and yesterday afternoon. He NEVER EVER cries, at least not for me anyway, and I just could barely console him yesterday. I gave him gas drops incase it was a tummy thing, gave him Hylands Teething tablets incase it was his little toothies coming in, finally at about 7:15 after talking with the doctor (a second time), I gave him tylenol and he felt better. His face wasn't as flushed (I think he had a slight fever) and he seemed more comfortable - that is until he burped. When he burped, you could tell he was hurting, so maybe he had a sore throat. We both ended up taking a warm bath at about 7:30ish and he was feeling pretty good. Dad rescued him and took him out to watch Lost while Mom struggled to get her big slippery butt out of the tub. Bright ended up falling asleep on Daddy's chest at about 8:00 and is still sleeping. He of course, woke briefly when I checked his diaper, but then he nursed and went right back to sleep. Speaking of which, I'd better go check on him again.

PS. I've added you all to the Google Groups List which will send you an email automatically when I add a post to the blog. It took a little figuring out, but I finally got it. :)

No comments: