Wednesday, November 16, 2005

One Cold Cold evening

It's 1 am and I'm awake. My family, pets included (except for obnoxious cats) are all sleeping soundly like they should be. I'm not sure why I'm awake to be honest. I just woke up at around 12 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. I tried the warm milk trick an so far no go.

Today was Bright's first day of his new daycare. I think he liked it. I called in the middle of the day and they said he was eating great, had no problems with the bottles and was laughing and smiling at the other kids (who adore him probably just because he's a baby). One little boy is so enamoured with him. Every time Brighton sees him, Bright smiles and that just seems to light up this kids' day. "He LIKES me!" HAHA It's so cute. It's a lot different than at Gretchen's though. I liked being able to drop Brighton off where it's nice and quiet and laid back, where I feel like he can have a restful day. I don't imagine he slept too much today. When I came home from work he was conked out on the couch. But I'm sure he'll be fine, and I'm sure the day just flew by for him with so much action. All that blubbering after dropping him off was probably just silly nerves.

We gave Brighton sweet potatoes tonight. We had sweet potatoes for supper and so I cut off a piece mashed it up and added some milk and gave it to him. He liked it! We did have to freeze most of it in a bag though. I hand expressed some milk into the potatoes to make them a bit mushier. Like mashed potatoes. We really need to get an ice tray, that would be a lot easier...and a lot cleaner to get in the bag. Well, I better sign off and try to get some sleep or I'll never make it to nursing group in the morning!

No comments: