Friday, December 29, 2006

Oooooh...so THAT'S why they say...

Consistency is Important!

CAUTION: THIS BLOG CONTAINS SNIPPETS OF A PERSONAL NATURE. IF YOU WILL LOOK AT ME FUNNY OR THINK OF ME DIFFERENTLY AFTER READING THIS, AVOID THE ITALICIZED AND RED PORTION OF THE LAST PARAGRAPH.

For the time being, I'll tell you about Brighton's newest things. He now tells us what a CAT says (softly) "Muuuuu" and what a COW says "MMUUUUHHHH". He's very smart. He will pick out a ball and bugs in every single book we read. I also caught him in the bedroom with the radio blaring and dancing. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. He closed the door for privacy LOL and hit the "sleep" button on Dad's alarm radio, and proceeded to dance the day away!!

UGH! What a long night lastnight. I dreaded putting Brighton to bed lastnight for fear of sitting in my rocker in his room for an hour, rocking, and rocking, protecting the opposite boob and tender nipple from which he was nursing (that's an on going battle I'll talk about in another post), rocking, singing, rocking, waking my feet and legs and arm up...you get the idea. For some reason I was just dreading it! So instead of keeping consistant and doing what I always do nowadays, I opted to lay down with him in our bed at about 8:30 and fall asleep with him...WHAT WAS I THINKING?! It was a VERY long night. Not only did I have NO pillow, I slept on a space approximately three inches wide by 6 feet long all night long. We fell back asleep at around 6:30 (he woke up for good at around 5:00) then we both slept until almost 9! It turned out to be a good day afterall. But I'm still protecting my innocent nipples...oops. sorry about the no warning! ;)

No comments: