Friday, December 01, 2006

A Long Cold Night

It's 11:08 pm, Brighton is in his own bed, Daddy and dogs and cats are in our bed, and I'm up blogging. Typical. Lastnight was the first night he was actually in his bed the majority of the night. He did wake up wailing around 12:30ish and couldn't get back to sleep and mom (being the baby genius that she is...har har) finally figured out that his mouth was probably hurting him. So Hero Mom broke out the baby tylenol and teething tablets, that he was terribly excited to see, and he cuddled up next to me in bed until about 3ish. When he woke me up doing his alligator rolls, I figured it was time for him to go back into his own bed where he proceeded to sleep for another 4 1/2 hours. I know in my head that he sleeps better - and actually ENJOYS sleeping in his own bed, but mom just hasn't accepted it.

I am having a hard time with this. Maybe it's because I know that weaning him from nursing is just around the corner after he starts sleeping in his own bed - because that's where he nursed the most. Maybe I feel like he's growing up and won't need me anymore. I know that he will always need his mommy. Or at least WANT his mommy sometimes, but I guess it's just hard to let go of that. (Come on Marcy, he's 18 months old for crying out loud! He's not going to start doing his own laundry yet! He can't even poop and pee on the toilet ferpetesakes!) I guess I need him just as much as he needs me - or needed me :) Boy that sounds awfully co-dependant doesn't it? Or do I just sound like a mommy? I don't know. All I know is that I need to take baby steps and not cut everything off all at once. Well, now that I'm good and sad I should go back to bed. It's going to be a long cold night without my bug next to me...but we'll get over it.

No comments: