Sunday, January 28, 2007

Having a Kid is FUN!

I never in a million years thought I would enjoy having a child like I do. Having to be self-sacrificing, patient, loving, thinking before you say/act, doubting yourself, all that fun stuff. Whenever someone brought in a baby to work, I would think to myself "you've seen one you've seen 'em all." How horrible right? Well, I was selfish (still am sometimes) and totally and completely ignorant to this beautiful and wonderful experience. True, sometimes it's hard and it surely isn't all warm and fuzzies, but having your child wake up in the morning and want to do nothing but give you big hugs, show you his latest creation, finding those sneek moments that you wouldn't have caught but on video (what you doing?), knowing that you are capable of love you never thought possible or knew existed, it's all so awesome and makes everything else fade into the background. Everything you thought you knew about life is changed forever.

and monkey towels are fun too.

No comments: