Friday, July 20, 2007

WAY off the beaten path...

I got this email from my husband. You see, he's more of a conservative and my friend Jill is more of a liberal politically. Andrew, an auditor in Iowa. Jill, an assistant director for public television in San Diego, CA. Makes for great comedy since one of the things they actually have in common is a good sense of humor...that I usually get to indulge in. So I'm sharing it with you. Remind me again what they get paid so much to do? I don't get to have nearly this much fun grooming dogs... Here goes: I've deleted their numbers and their emails and switched the timeline so you read the first part first...



From: Andrew
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 10:09 AM
To: Jill
Subject: FW: Funny Tees

I thought you would enjoy these.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Jill
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 12:12 PM
To: Andrew
Subject: RE: Funny Tees

I gotta git me one a them tees.

Jill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Andrew
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 10:27 AM
To: Jill
Subject: RE: Funny Tees

Have you decided when you are going to come back to Iowa?

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Jill
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 12:46 PM
To: Andrew
Subject: RE: Funny Tees

No, with Jason starting XX's Fire Academy on 8/23 my summer is out of whack...but if I do it will likely be over the Labor Day holiday. Tell me again what kind of car you bought..

Jill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Andrew
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 10:53 AM
To: Jill
Subject: RE: Funny Tees

It makes me feel old, I bought a 1999 Cadillac Catera. It only had 75k miles and was a pretty good deal. It smells like cigarette smoke so Marcy complains all the time when she is in it. It is also a small car similar to a Buick LaSabre, not a big boat like a Deville would be.

Lance Armstrong is hosting a presidential forum to discuss cancer research on August 27 for the democratic candidates and August 28 for republican candidates. I already have my ticket. If you are in town, you should go, you will probably see the next president, I don't expect to when I go on the 28th.

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Jill
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 12:56 PM
To: Andrew
Subject: RE: Funny Tees

You should have bought a Deville, just to throw people a little. We could rename you "A to tha' O"

Jill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Andrew
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 11:01 AM
To: Jill
Subject: RE: Funny Tees

i thought about getting those things that go on your tires that spin the opposite way you drive and then fill my trunk with a big sub and listen to rap music. We saw someone in a mini van listening to rap music last night.

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Jill
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 1:05 PM
To:Andrew
Subject: RE: Funny Tees

Or maybe you go with a gansta/elderly stereotype combo and wear the over-your-glasses sunglasses with black socks and sensible shoes but get something airburshed on the hood and a bumpin' stereo....the possibilities are endless!

Jill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Andrew
Subject: FW: Funny Tees
Date: July 20, 2007 1:05:48 PM CDT
To: Marcy

She is out of control.

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moral of this story: Careful what you send to a blogger with some extra time on her hands ;)

No comments: