Saturday, July 21, 2007

jalapeno hands

just incase someone else out there makes the same stupid mistake and decides to cut 12 jalapeno peppers (from the garden, not the supermarket) to make jalapeno jelly and NOT wear gloves, here's my warning to you.

For the past three hours now I've been suffering with Jalapeno burn. I've tried oil, mylanta, lotion, milk, vinegar water, rubbing alcohol, and now I'm onto bleach. Nothing is helping. I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that can possibly help is a LOT of alcohol (the kind you drink) and time. Though the bleach water (5 parts water to 1 part bleach) did help and sure makes sense, it only helps after you dip and release...I have a feeling I'll be feeling this for a while.

The good part? I don't have to change Brighton's poopy diaper.

Jalapeno jelly anyone?

ps. here's a helpful website:
http://www.soupsong.com/fpepper.html

also, for more help call your poison control center.

No comments: