Sunday, March 05, 2006

Vomit, Cupid, Donner...no wait....

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART, OR STOMACH

OH MY GOD! You have NO idea how much vomit and poop I have seen today, and yesterday, and the night before that...I am SO SICK OF VOMIT! Brighton has (we suspect) rotavirus. YUCK YUCK YUCK! I can't imagine having more than one child with this horrible virus. We took Brighton into the hospital this morning to make sure he wasn't dehydrated, which he was a little, but not enough to keep him there. They sent us home with pedialyte (which they charged WAY too much for and he won't even drink) and a prescrip for suppositories. I've never given a suppository, never in a million years thought I would give one, but as a mom, I've done a lot of things I thought I'd never do...like give birth for starters. And naturally, immeditely after I gave him his suppository for nausea, he proceeded to VOMIT all over. So Andrew and I in a most interesting and disgusting balancing act, took the baby, the changing pad and the vomit (which by now was all over him and he thought the feeling of it between his fingers was interesting...) into the bathroom where I sat him in the tub and proceeded to hose him down with warm water.

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK!

I can't wait until the month is over so that we can be out of this viral season. Of course, there's going to be something else I'm sure, but I don't know how much more I can take. Can't I just keep him in a bubble? The doctor's reassure me (is that what you call it?) that "this too shall pass" and if it wasn't now it would be later when he is in school. But not much reassures a mom with a baby who just vomited on her shirt...

No comments: