Monday, December 17, 2007

Holiday Frazzle Dazzle

As I sit here listening to the angelic voices of the Vienna Boy's Choir singing to the video of "word world" on PBS, I wonder if I will ever ever ever get all these goals for Christmas "cheer" accomplished for myself.  It's taken me this long (it's now almost 11 pm) to get Brighton fed, start a roast for dinner, give Brighton his snack, change two poopy diapers, brush teeth, make coffee, put dishes away, wash dishes in sink that are not dishwasher safe, wonder to myself "why the heck do we buy things that aren't dishwasher safe?", toss cat off the thermal bag that holds the crock pot (even though he has a perfectly good bed he COULD be laying in,) download a holiday album from iTunes, let dog out to go to the bathroom (again,) finally sit down to assemble my arsenal of recipes for holiday candy (sans the peanut butter ball recipe I search for every year and can not find until after Christmas,) and feeling a bit overwhelmed by all these tasks, I grab my trusty mac and blog.  


**sigh**


All of a sudden I feel like it is a completely impossible task for me to even THINK that I might get all this done.  Oh yeah, and I have to make snacks and wrap a gift for Brighton's preschool exchange...and finish the handmade Christmas presents I'm making for our nieces and nephews, and those two custom orders.  YIKES!  I better suck up the dirty look he just gave me and get this cat off my arm and close the laptop.  Brighton is requesting "Thomas" which is now on PBS.  

No comments: