Friday, April 20, 2007

Trying Times


These last couple of weeks have really been trying for the three of us. Brighton is getting 8 teeth right now. Yes, 8. Ocho. More than 7, less than 9. And they're all tough ones. 4 molars and 4 eye teeth. And he is grumpy. I can't say I blame him though. I'm starting to understand the "terrible twos" much better now. Even though I'm pretty sure Brighton's terrible twos have a lot to do with the fact that his mouth hurts, every time he eats he throws up (which makes mom and dad grumpy), and therefore he's hungry all the time. We found out today that Brighton has acid reflux due to the irritation in his tummy from all the mucus and saliva he's swallowing because of the teething and that's why he's been throwing up (we hope anyway). We got some prevacid to help with the reflux along with child size doses of tums and Maalox. He's been up every night in the middle of the night and ending up in bed with us. Andrew tells me I should be in bed rather than on the computer in case Bright wakes up. I know, but I have things to do!

Tonight while I was at work, Andrew and Brighton apparently had a great time (after Bright stopped crying...) Brighton and Dad exchanged stories. Brighton's most likely included something about shoes, toot toots, vrooms and kitties. Andrew told Brighton the story of The Three Little Pigs and the House Inspector Wolf and Feebee and the Three Bears. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for those stories. Andrew really surprises me sometimes. He has such a dry sense of humor and then he comes up with something like the Three Little Pigs and The House Inspector. He's such a good daddy and husband. I don't tell him that nearly enough.

No comments: