Monday, October 09, 2006

A Day of Bad News...

So is it just me seriously, or is the world going to hell in a handbasket. Or in a $5000.00 Fendi Bag nowadays. Really. I'm not sure if it's hormones (maybe I am pregnant...) or what but I can't shake all this bad ratatatat today! Just before I go to bed tonight, I hear on the news about a little boy, 2 years old I think, Maxamillion is his name, who got ran over in his driveway by a family friend. Sure, an accident, but CRIPES! All I can do is empathize with the mother and think of what that poor sweet child must have been thinking if he was consious at all. What if that were Brighton? I wouldn't be able to function. I know I can't think like that but I can't help it. That's it. For all of our sakes and for the sake of this blog which is turning into gloom and doomdom, I'm swearing off the news! I'll do one even better, the only tele I'm watching nowadays is PBS during the day anytime between 8 and 3 is generally OK) and Lost and Desperate Housewives, even though the ladder is getting a bit iffy too. Oh, and maybe Extreme Makeover Home Edition. That gives me a little hope that there's good out there still. There. I feel better already. Sort of. I suppose I should wrap this up and get to bed. But before I do, I'll end on a good note.

Today while i was nursing Bright, I had a tickle in my throat and so I turned my head away from him (but he could still see my profile) and coughed. He pulled off, looked up at me, and coughed - an obviously fake cough. THen back to what he was doing. The pulled off again, coughed, and back again. I think he did this four or five times. He even had the tongue motion correct. What a hoot that boy is. I've got our lederhosen and suitcase set aside just incase we decide to get that one way ticket to Norway. I could still Blog in Norway, right?

No comments: