Sunday, September 02, 2007

I'm one of "those people..."

Oh yeah, I'm one of "those" people. "Those people" that I can't STAND, one of "Those People" that when I see them, I almost have convulsions. "Those People" that I'm referring to are "those people" who think they are so ridiculously important that they need to walk around the mall with a bluetooth headset glued to their head. I can't STAND "those people!" I seriously want to rip them out of people's heads when i see them wearing them. I hate them.

Then. I got one. Now, I still hate seeing them at the mall, or target, or whatever. But I can see the fascination with them now. Well, oK maybe not the fascination that makes everyone from heady corporate snobs to bib wearing hicks want to be accessable 24/7 through their very convenient and very obvious blue tooth. But I understand that it is so utterly convenient, especially in the car and when trying to grocery shop with a toddler. So for Moms, I totally get it. Totally. Is that hypocritical? Nah, I don't think so.



I still held to the belief that I could live without my bluetooth, and I only used it when it was most convenient. I wasn't one of "those people!" I am a closet bluetooth wearer. I don't use it because I think it looks cool, I use it because it's convenient. I am embarrassed to walk around with it in my ear, afterall.

Then we come home and Andrew tells me, "I found your bluetooth."
"You did? Where was it?"
"In the dryer, i washed it!"
OMG I felt the stab in my gut. "My bluetooth! My convenience! I can't turn back now!"
"GREAT! How much did you pay for it? I love wasting money on crap like that. LOOK IN MY POCKETS BEFORE YOU LOAD THE WASHER!"
Ok I know what you're thinking. And I know, I should be grateful that my husband does the laundry period. And I am. I am grateful. I am very grateful. And I know I need to clean out my pockets myself. But I was most upset because I was upset about possibly losing my bluetooth...that scares the hell out of me.

Thankfully, it still works and I can have hands free access to my phone yet again. Guess I'll have to get used to being one of "those people."

No comments: